It’s National Peanut Butter Day! Here are ten great new things to do with peanut butter!
1) Stir into Greek yogurt sprinkled with cocoa and Splenda for a sweet treat.
2) Swirl into oatmeal for a little extra protien in your breakfast
3) Spread on Oreos. My grandmother loved this idea. It is kind of like a Reese Cup Cookie!
4) Spread on apples and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips-Good for kids to make!
5) Blend into your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe
6) Make these great Gluten-free Peanut Butter Cookies: 1 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg. Blend together well. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line sheet pan with parchment. Form dough into tablespoon size balls and place on sheet. Use a fork to make criss-cross patterns on top like normal peanut butter cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet.
7) Use as a substitute for butter in fudge brownie recipes for a peanut butter cup taste.
8) To help get rid of the smell of fish after frying, take a tablespoon of peanut butter and drop it in the pan (after removing the fish) and fry it a minute or two. The smell of peanut butter is much better than the smell of fish!
9) Toast bread and spread with peanut butter. Top with crispycrumbled bacon. Sweet and salty…..yummmmmm.
10) Marinate chicken! Combine peanut butter, plain yogurt, curry powder, and soy sauce to make a marinade.