How many times have you ordered Chinese food and ended up with a ton of extra soy sauce and duck sauce packets? If you’re like me, you feel bad throwing them away, but then they end up sitting in the fridge for a month, until you get Chinese again and add to the pile! Well, here are a few ideas to help use up that back stock!
– Toss dried cranberries, golden raisins, and finely chopped red onion with duck sauce. Season with salt, then spoon over a block of cream cheese. Serve with crackers.
– Use duck sauce to baste burgers on the BBQ
– Glaze ham steaks or pork roasts. On pork, the darker the glaze gets, the better.
– Dress shredded broccoli stalks and red cabbage with duck sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil and top with toasted sesame seeds.
– Whisk with rice wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, ginger and sesame oil and toss with napa cabbage for a light cole slaw to top shredded BBQ pork sandwiches.
– Mix with yogurt and curry powder or with lime juice and soy sauce to make two different dips.
– Spread sourdough bread with duck sauce and stack with muenster cheese, avocado and turkey. Pan-fry in butter for a fancy grilled cheese.
– Mix with sour cream to pour over fresh fruit.
Hope these ideas help give you more room in the fridge! At least until the next Chinese night!