I have seen this product advertised but hadn’t used it until recently and was thrilled with the results! Swanson Broth has come out with Swanson Falvor Boost, a concentrated broth additative to inhance the flavor of broth, stock, soups, sauces, stir-fries, burgers…..well, just about anything, and you can win it! All you have to do is go on to the blog and let me know what you might use this product in! I’ll even help you out by giving you a few recipe ideas from the Swanson web-site!
Swanson Flavor Boosts are made with all natural broths and come in three flavors, chicken, beef, and vegetable(I have tried all three and they are all great). The have no added MSG. You can add 1 packet to 1 cup of water to make 1 cup of stock. I have used mine in soups and sauces just to enhance the flavor and the result is a more home-made broth flavor when using store bought. Here are a few recipes to try and check out www.swansonbroth.com for more!
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2 packets Swanson® Flavor Boost™ Concentrated Chicken Broth
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 3 ounces)
4 Pepperidge Farm® Sandwich Buns with Sesame Seeds
- Thoroughly mix the turkey, onion, concentrated broth and black pepper in a medium bowl. Shape the turkey mixture into 4 (1/2-inch thick) burgers.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook until well browned on both sides. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the burgers are cooked through. Top the burgers with the cheese and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the burgers on the buns.
Beef with Caramelized Shallots
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into thin strips
6 medium shallots, cut in quarters (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
2 packets Swanson® Flavor Boost™ Concentrated Beef Broth
1/3 of a 12-ounce package medium egg noodles (about 3 cups), cooked and drained
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the wine and vinegar in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is reduced by half. Stir in the mustard and concentrated broth. Return the beef to the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the beef mixture with the noodles.
REMEMBER: Enter to win the Swanson Flavor Boost Give-Away! Just leave a comment and let me know which recipe (it can be any recipe, it doesn’t have to be one of the above!)you might use these in and on Wednesday January 11, 2012 I’ll pick a winner!